Site Feasibility & Pre-Design
If you contact us before you purchase a property, need help selecting a property, or need help selecting or developing a home design we are ready to help. At our initial consultation we will talk through:
- Site analysis, including utility & infrastructure, and any special permitting considerations.
- Plan sources or Architect/Designer selection.
- Realtor recommendations.
- Basic range of cost based on your requirements and desires.
- Timeline of expected events.
No plan is carved in stone. Each one is a work in progress, because client needs evolve. During the estimating process, part of our task involves cross-checking the project: to enable coordination and ensure that trade partners recognize scope across multiple drawings. We also search for ways to add value, while making details more beautiful and durable. We also continue to:
- Interface with Architect/Designer throughout the design process providing cost analysis at each design phase.
- Permit coordination.
- Selection/ Submittal schedule integration.
- Project specification coordination with Architect/Designer/Trade Partners; develop Scope of Work documents.
- Produce Project schedule & Cash flow Schedule.
- Produce final project budget document.
For remodels, Pizzolon Construction carefully opens sections of walls and floors to help determine construction feasibility. We encourage probing every location where walls will be removed and plumbing will be connected, because learning about issues before construction begins can save weeks of work and thousands of dollars.
Once we move into the construction phase, your project will follow these steps:
- Quality control and assurance processes at each phase of construction.
- Submittal processes
- Trade partner requirements/ compliance review
- Change Management
- Substitution requests
- Application for payment preparation/ % complete review.
- Schedule updates
- Mutual understanding meetings
- Access to our online 24/7 accessible construction project management client portal. Our clients have continuous and full access to the budget, schedule, pending items requiring decisions (including dates by which decisions need to be made), progress photos, and all project files. Clients are able to review and communicate DIRECTLY with us at any time day or night.
Of course we also meet in person and speak on the phone often, and our clients are welcome and encouraged to visit the home-under-construction often.